Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Family Night

Tonight we had the Jean family from our branch over to my parent’s house for family night. They moved into our branch 4 months ago and we love having them with us. They are originally from Haiti, moved to Florida about 15 years ago and eventually made their way to Utah. They have 10 people in their family but 3 of the kids are still in Florida. Jeremy of course being the sweetheart he is, went out of his way to meet their whole family when they moved in. After going into their home Jeremy realized what little they had. Jeremy and I got to go with our Branch President to the DI and get some essentials they didn’t have (beds, mattresses, couches, kitchen table, pots, pans, food, etc). After getting to know this family, I fell in LOVE. They are so humble and grateful for what little they do have. They have such strong testimonies and have never missed a day, let alone an hour of church. They have total faith in the Lord that their family will be taken care of. At times I focus on the next thing I want to buy and have a lists of things that I "need", I’m grateful for the happiness they show me because of the joy they have in the relationships with each other. Ultimately family is what is most important!!


Brenda, Lashonda, and Falisha


Elie, Isaac, Sincere (family friend)


Then the boys wanted to show off their great singing!! Sorry its a little short my camera ran out of memory.



2 comments:

  1. You guys are the best thing to happen to that little area that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I am so glad to finally see pictures of this cute family! They are so lucky to have you both. You are Jeremy are doing such Great things, I look up to you So much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete