Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Girls Camp

This past week the Freeport Branch had our girls camp, it really was so much fun! In our very small branch we had 19 out of 26 girls come, which is huge because there are only like 8 girls that come to church on a normal day. I really got to know the girls on a different level and light from just seeing them at church and mutual. I can't believe some of the challenges they go through on a daily basis. Not only does it make me feel so grateful for the life I have been given and the many many blessing I have, but it makes me feel like I need to help in some way. Many of the girls are not baptized, yet they are so interested and involved in church activities (and reading the BOM). I knew that at camp they felt love (something they don't get at home) and most importantly the spirit. It truly is amazing the strength and desire these girls have to find themselves and to find out the meaning of life. I am learning WAY more than I am teaching, but I know that is why Jeremy and I are here. 

AKA: Heber Valley "Hotel"


Secret Sisters

Freeport Branch value



Craft Time

Kitchen clean-up

Playing the "Moremen Boy" game


2 comments:

  1. This is so great katie. I love it. I can tell you are such a good Young Women leader. What a cool thing. I want to hear more about it - lets get together again soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!!! This makes me so sad!! I miss the branch SO MUCH!! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I really wish I could have served with you :( We NEED to get together! Call me!! P.S. Happy B-lated Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete